FPAG is a specialist provider of viticulture agronomy services to wine industry members throughout the Fleurieu Zone of South Australia. Encompassing the Langhorne Creek, Currency Creek, Kangaroo Island, Southern Fleurieu, and McLaren Vale regions – some 12,000Ha, FPAG’s network of stores are ideally positioned to meet the ever changing needs of our viticultural customers. Warren Burgess is our Senior Viticultural Agronomist. Located at Langhorne Creek, Warren has an inherent understanding of viticulture practice throughout the Fleurieu Zone enabling customised recommendations for our customers. Warren also runs a small vineyard in Langhorne Creek which ensures he remains in-tune with real time challenges at any point throughout the growing season.
VitiBuck Program – Click Here
Viticultural Agronomy Services
Our viticulture services includes:
- Access to our full range of technical services.
- Vineyard managerial assistance on a contract basis.
- In-field block assessments.
- Regular face-to-face contact with your FPAG viticulturist.
- Detailed planning session prior to the growing season.
- Agribusiness planning – budget reviews.
- Pest & Disease assessment and management advice – including IPM practices.
- Eutypa dieback assessment and management advice based on bench-marked data.
- Compilation of detailed reports following each visit.
- Compilation of a seasonal agrochemical spray program.
- Telephone and email support.
- Our viticultural services are ideally suited to quality assurance and environmental management programs such as HACCP and EntWine for both private and corporate wine grape producers.
As part of our viticultural service, we provide agrochemical support and compilation of cost effective fungicide programs specific to your needs. This service includes:
- Seasonal spray program detailing containing dilute and concentrate water rates, concentration factors, and agrochemical application rates on a per hectare basis.
- Organic pest and disease programs.
- A calculated approximation of your agrochemical requirements for the season.
- Recommendation of products in accordance with IPM principles and assistance with the adoption of IPM practices.
- These programs are ideally suited to reporting purposes in quality assurance systems such as HACCP, and environmental management programs such as EntWine.
FPAG Agronomy Team
Left to Right – Greg Mitchell, Adrian Clarke, Zac Taylor, Warren Burgess, Rob Lyon, Nick Thring.